Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hell Yeah

So today I decided to fulfill one of the primary purposes of my coming to Japan. I headed over to an area of Tokyo called Kichijoji. I went to a local music store there to get what I wanted, a Fender Jazz Bass (made in Japan model).


Why this exact model? Well the reason is that I'm kind of a closet otaku (coming out much?) and one of the animes/mangas that I follow is called K-ON!. If you want to know the story, etc. you can just go on wikipedia or something, but basically one of the characters has the exact same bass I'm holding in my hands right now, and this feeling of accomplishment and unity is something that only people of my world can understand.

Getting away from the geeky stuff, I went to a place called ねぎし(Negishi) for dinner. Their signature dish is the seared beef-tongue set. It may sound gross to some, but it is pwnsome.

Tomorrow I plan to go to Akihabara to check out some shops, as well as hit up the Tokyo Anime Center located there. A bunch of pics will probly be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment