Friday, June 18, 2010

Chandan

So it turns out I didnt go to Akihabara yesterday. The day was spent picking my cousin up from preschool and going to Don Qi Jote. While I was there, I picked up some awesome incense called Chandan. It's an indian brand, and I dont know about you guys but I think it smells awesome. After the day's major events were over, I ate dinner at a local Japanese restaurant called 藍や(ai-ya). I forgot my camera so there are no pics but I assure you that the food was good.

Switching over to today, I went to a manga cafe. The place is basically a manga library with small booths complete with a reclining chair and PC. Free snacks and drinks are also available. I grabbed a couple books, got a coke, and stayed in that booth for 3 hours. A waste of time? You dont have the right to say that unless youve been to one. They are called 漫画喫茶(manga-kissa) here. Oh did I mention that its cheap? 3 hours of relaxation ,free refreshments, and your favorite manga's for only ¥1000 (about $10).

No comments:

Post a Comment