Saturday, October 2, 2010

Century Ride


Last week Sunday, I joined the Honolulu Century Ride. The full course is 100 miles from kapiolani park to a north shore beach and back. The catch for me though, is that I did the ride with a fixed gear bicycle, which basically means I cant change gears or coast. I did 75 miles, not being able to do 100 due to time constraints (not that I would have made it anyway). Im not gonna lie and act all cool about it. It was hard. Like making me whine like a little girl all the way home hard. But at the very least, I made it. I can honestly say that I have never in my life pushed myself that hard. Through I struggled, it was good fun. I rode with a more experienced friend. He supported me physically and mentally so I could make it. I would have given up at the 50 mile turnaround if he wasn't there.

I have some battle scars, as I took a little spill while passing through Hawaii Kai. Wasnt too serious, but its gonna take some time to heal.


Next year I think ill do better. I want to push for 100 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment